Your browser (Internet Explorer 7 or lower) is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how to update your browser.


Navigate / search

Green Cards

Replacement Permanent Resident Cards – Green Cards

If the Resident Card was issued as a Permanent card (valid for 10 years) and it is within 6 months of expiring it is time to file for a renewal.

In the past Permanent Resident Cards or Green cards were issued and never expired. In 1990, Immigration decided they needed to update the card to include special security features and update photo.

click to enlarge image
click to enlarge image

To file for new card you will need:

1. Old permanent resident
2. If name has changed, document to prove name change (divorce papers, Marriage Certificate, name change document)
3. Fee of $510.00

This application can also me filed if your card has been lost or stolen. Please provide a state issued Photo ID when filing the application.